Thread micrometers

I've used the three wire method more than I like. At work I can check out a thread mic for my lathe efforts.

A couple days ago, I thought, with all the ot I'm working, why don't I get an imperial thread mic. Then I saw the prices on those things. Damn.

Looks like I'm stuck looking for a deal on fleabay for now. You need the mic and the anvils to be effective across a range.

I'm tempted to try the offshore stuff but I've been burned before and don't feel like trying it again.

Comments/Advice welcome.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Stick with wires, Wes. I've used thread mic's. Not interested in owning any, not even free. Wires are damned near as fast, and certainly more precise.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos