TIG welding hoods

I don't think magnification is any problem. Doing test samples, I can get plenty close to see what I'm doing. The "shiny spot" is quite clear. I guess the idea is to keep that weld pool very small.

I hadn't found my thoriated electrodes when I was last trying the aluminum, and was having a HELL of a problem with pure Tungsten electrodes. I found those Thoriated electrodes, and they made a huge difference when welding steel. So, I will have to try a few pieces of aluminum and see how it works. I just got a refill on the Argon bottle.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

They would. Thoriated work fine on DC (steel) but NOT on AC (Aluminum). You need Zirconated or one of the newer types Ernie has recommended for AC.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards