tool post size

What size QC tool post fits Colchester/ Clausing 15" 8000 series (Triumph 2000)? Is it practical to cut a CA post & toolholders to fit this machine? thanx, mike

Reply to
northof54

As with any lathe, you just need to measure your center distance on it is all.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

According to PrecisionMachinisT :

That is -- you have to measure the center height above the top of the compound T-slot. Then look up the various sizes of the toolholders to determine how high the top of the toolholder slot is above the surface of the compound with the toolholder set as low as possible. This determines whether you can adjust the cutting edge of the tool (the top surface of the shank is level with that for insert tooling) with the largest possible shank in the holder.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Look at the tool post information - they have specs on the size.

I have a 11" Sheldon and the A model fits just fine. I suspect the 15 needs a B or CB or 200 series.

Don't trust my measurements - you have your lathe. Look at he specs on the various catalog web pages.

Martin

northof54 wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn