Torque for Bolts on a Bison 8" 3 Jaw

I am getting ready to mount my Bison 8" 3 jaw on its backing plate and cannot find a spec on torque for the bolts that hold it to the backplate. I have looked in the manual that came with it and no luck.

Since this is a common chuck that most folks have I was hoping someone could give me an idea of what to torque the bolts to. I will also put on some blue loctite so the do not move. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Sierevello

Steve Standard torques for bolts have Socket Head Cap Screws at 16, 33, 54 ft lbs for 1/4, 5/16, 3/8" That is a good starting point and adjust down from there. I would not use the locktite unless I confirmed in use that the bolts were loosening. lg no neat sig line

Reply to
larry g

Thanks Larry...-Steve

Reply to
Sierevello

Fine thread torques will be lower for the same diameter bolt because of the smaller pitch of the thread.

John

Reply to
john