Drop box use

How does one use the "drop box". I need to identify some chisels. Or at
least I think they are chisels. For a wood lathe. I wold post this on
the wood working but there is more smarts here.
Bob AZ
Reply to
Bob AZ
If you ask "what are they and how do I sharpen them" then it'll have metalworking content.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Visit
-- the rest is easy. The only trick is when you post your question, I suggest you do not say "I posted pictures in the dropbox", rather say e.g. "please look at
" or whatever, in other words post the actual URL. Also, make sure you give all the files names that are meaningful and start with the same thing. I wish whoever runs the dropbox would add some intelligence, like ability to sort by date or name at least.
Grant
Reply to
Grant Erwin
[ ... ]
Steve Stallings (who runs the dropbox) has added such features a *long* time ago.
To access them, you need to enter the top level of the web site
and look at the other click bars. One of them is titled "Sort Dropbox", and once you click on it, you are given several choices for the sorting method.
The default dropbox is sorted alphabetically by file name.
Enjoy, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols
After you read the directions at metalworking.com, *remember* to rename your picture files before you attach them to the e-mail. Like: chisel.txt chisel1.jpg chisel2.jpg etc., etc., The txt file has to be included in the e-mail attachments or Steve won't put them in the list. Cameras generate their own filenames for the pictures, depending on whether you have the date/time set in your camera. HTH. Ken.
Reply to
Ken Sterling
When I first tried it, I created the .txt file as an email, and when it was viewed from the dropbox, the text wasn't wrapped (it strung along wider than the screen window).
I later used notepad for the text description, and it displays normally, with line breaks and wrapping.
If you're not using MSoft, it probably doesn't apply.
WB ..............
Reply to
Wild Bill
I notice that you are using Outlaw Exploder. Is the double posting (which I see a lot of these days) yet another M$ bug? Just curious.
Ted
Reply to
Ted Edwards
As good a place to put the blame as any. When doubles of my posts happen, it's always preceded by a Send error, which I suppose could be a network/ISP problem. Without attempting to re-send, doubles have appeared, and I have all those sophisticated? auto-send/receive features turned off.
I don't think most folks intentionally re-send. I don't look for what reader they used, so it's not apparent to me.
How's the variable speed drive project Ted?
WB ...............
Reply to
Wild Bill
Don't forget to trim the size down by compressing and reducing the pixel count. Anything over 100kb is wasting bandwidth for the guys that are still on dialup.
Bob AZ wrote:
Reply to
RoyJ
I'm in agreement about commercial marketing habits, they're really bad at way too many sites. For many years, there has been an effort to make these issues simpler/more universal.
The first time that I was aware of it was when I first started viewing the Repair FAQ by Sam Goldwasser.
Reply to
Wild Bill
Suggestions for those who use the dropbox:
Please write a full description of the photos. Include your name and email address. Maybe cite the thread which discusses the photos.
Wthout these things the photos can be meaningless.
Randy
Reply to
Randy Replogle