"Trade" accounts for shop purchases

I've heard that "trade" or "commercial" accounts can get you very nice discounts at some stores. Is just having the account enough, or does it depend upon the volume of purchases? I have a dummy business, with a checking account & business cards - would that be enough proof of the existence of the business? Has anybody done this?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt