"Trade" accounts for shop purchases

I've heard that "trade" or "commercial" accounts can get you very nice
discounts at some stores. Is just having the account enough, or does it
depend upon the volume of purchases? I have a dummy business, with a
checking account & business cards - would that be enough proof of the
existence of the business? Has anybody done this?
Thanks,
Bob
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt