Tubular Motor source?

Anybody suggest a North American source for small quantities of tubular motors?

Like this

Not this:
._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Like this?

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Hi, Ned:-

Hadn't thought of those ones-- good idea, I'll check for pricing.

The ones above are primarily used for motorized commercial blinds and such like.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Hey Speff,

I've got a couple of the older devices used to raise and lower hospital beds, but they aren't "motors" per se. They are definitely much longer than the diameter. Something along that line work?

And somewhere around here, I have a "demonstration" unit that was used to show the operation of a motorized awning, it's position determined by a bunch of weather factors, including an anemometer to detect winds too high for the un-furled awning. Can't recall what the drive looks like though.

Take care.

Brian Laws>>

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Hi, Brian:-

I need something fairly slim (eg. 1.5-2" in diameter/height), most preferably with an internal gearbox with a dust cover. And fairly slow RPM. That eliminates most of the Leeson and similar gear motors.

That sounds cool. Not sure who installs these things into blinds/awnings, or even how popular they are here. They are very common in Asia.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Greetings Spehro, I don't know how much or what RPM you need but cordless motors and gearboxes will fit into a tube. You would need to make a housing but that should be pretty easy. And cordless drills, being a consumer item, are widely available at a low cost. Eric

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Active Surplus on Queen st. in downtown T.O. had a bucket full fo the cordless drill/skate sharpening mootors with gearbox small & high torque

Tom

Eric R Snow wrote:

Reply to
surftom