Tungsten Alloy Scrap Value?

I was cleaning out a cabinet and came across about 20 lbs of Tungsten Alloy. I measured the density to be about 17.1 gm/cc. I know it is not much but I was trying to find the scrap value of this material. Any ideas? It is in a round bar stock form.

Reply to
gtslabs

I would guess that it could fetch about $200 on ebay. I have tungsten filler rod (this is not a typo, it really is filler rod for filling welds in tungsten, not electrode) myself.

Ignoramus17336

One of our suppliers was going to charge us £600 (~$1000) this week for 30 lbs of 1.125 inch round bar (then they found a spare bit). If it is close to that size, email me and I will see if they want any more.

Reply to
Newshound

It's probably worth at least $15/pound once you know exactly what it is. I sold a batch of tungsten carbide inserts a few months ago and inquired about selling some tungsten bars at the same time. While the buyer

able to quote a price on the carbide (~$7/lb) over the phone, they couldn't quote the tungsten without doing an assay and suggested I look for a local buyer.

I'd appreciate hearing anything you find out as I have 20 or 30 pounds myself.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

That would make great bucking bars for aircraft rivetting work!

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones