Vernon horizontal mill motor adjustment

I just bought a Vernon horizontal mill and I need some advise. The motor mount is pivoted and is adjustable. The adjuster:

like it's made to be used in daily operations as opposed to one time set up. The mill has continuously variable speed through variable pitch pulleys, which depend upon changes in belt tension to move the pulley halves apart & back. This is done with a separate hand wheel. The motor adjuster must have something to do with that, but I don't know what. Does anybody know how this adjuster is used?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt