want to be able to reverse HF drill press

Thanks I'll keep the info incase I decide to do it in the future. Karl

Karl Vorwerk

The tricky part is finding the leads you need, and bringing them out in a clean neat fashion. Motors are not often designed with enough room to do this. Better ones have the leads connected at a terminal board, and all that is needed to reverse them is swapping two sets of connections. But if the start windings are buried in the armature you need to make some guesses about what goes where.

Draw a diagram, label the wires, put in the colors. The start circuit will have the start windings, centrifugal switch, and start capacitor all in series.

Jim

jim rozen