Waterproof Superglue May Be Strongest in Nature

Bacterial adhesive is 2-3 times stronger than common commercial glues

The glue one species of water-loving bacteria uses to grip its surroundings may be the strongest natural adhesive known to science. If engineers can find a way to mass-produce the material, it could have uses in medicine, marine technology and a range of other applications.

technology_post

This type of research is going on at Purdue University too. I have made some "instruments" for this group.

Randy Replogle

My wife says I'm doing my Christian duty... annoying the hell out of her. Randall Replogle 2006

Reply to
Randy Replogle

Oscar Madison's dentist almost perfected it.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Probably the same one who hooked the jet engine to his dental drill on "Hennessey" a few years earlier.

Reply to
J. Clarke