Removing superglue

Any suggestions on removing 20 year old superglue from white metal? I've unearthed a poorly assembled kit from my youth which I would like to reassemble by soldering. Though most of the parts are already dismantled, there's copious superglue which will have to come off before any rebuilding is started. All advice gratefully received, Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
William Davies

Thanks to you both - I've used acetone for paint removal in the past, I had no idea it would attack superglue! My wife's an industrial chemist so I won't be allowed to cause explosions in the house or gas myself in any case....... Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
William Davies

"William Davies"

Nail polish remover.

-- Happy Holidays Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

=>"William Davies" =>

=>> Any suggestions on removing 20 year old superglue from white metal? I've =>> unearthed a poorly assembled kit from my youth which I would like to =>> reassemble by soldering. Though most of the parts are already dismantled, =>> there's copious superglue which will have to come off before any =>rebuilding =>> is started. =>

=>Nail polish remover. =>

=>

=>-- =>Happy Holidays =>Roger T.

Or acteone, if you want the same stuff in a cheaper bottle.

NB the precautions - the stuff is toxic and ther fumes explosive in rather low concentrations.

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

"Wolf Kirchmeir"

Thanks Wolf. For the life of me I couldn't recall "acetone" when I suggested nail polish remover. :-)