Way OT: Mirror Ball

We have been invited to a disco party. I have never owned a leisure suit and am not about to buy one now! So, I am at a loss as to what to wear.

One thought I had was to make a small lightweight mirror ball that I could attach to a hat (so I don't want to use real mirror pieces!). I thought I could use a styrofoam ball as the core, but I don't know what to use for the mirror parts.

Any tips or ideas would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone has any other (i.e. BETTER!) ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.

Pete

Reply to
Rileyesi

Pieces of a broken CD?

Reply to
Lane

Hi Pete,

How about reflective mylar squares, cut up squares from CDs, or a cut up plastic mirror from the craft store?

Don't forget the gaudy quianna (Kiana, quiana, whatever that silky synthetic was) shirt. Hang a tablespoon on a necklace too! If you can't do a true disco dude might as well be a fun parody of one :-)

Cheers, Stan

Reply to
Stan Stocker

Go to a good second hand store, and you can find polyester leisure suits or a vest and a shirt with a big pattern of flowers etc.

Gunner Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Reply to
Gunner

Perfect use for all those junk mail AOL CDs

Reply to
Nick Hull

Try crumpled aluminum foil. Have fun. Joe

Reply to
kb8qlr

Tile stores and the like sell "mirror" tile, it comes in little squares, which is how the "mirrored balls" are made.

Your local stores may or may not carry the sheet of the little stuff - BUT! If you are really motivated, you can buy a 12" x 12" mirror/tile and use ur glass cutter for a bit... snap, snap, snap... glue, glue, glue...

_-_-bear

kb8qlr wrote:

Reply to
BEAR