I am starting to do a lot of welding using a MIG welder. I found myself not feeling so well after a day of welding and think it was the fumes being given off may have had something to do with it. I am using a Gas less cored wire for steel. There is a lot of smoke and I was doing it indoors. I had some ventilation, but aparently not enough. The next day I used a fan to help draw the fumes away from me.
Idealy I want to use a respirator, but while looking at ones find no mention of welding fumes on any of the filters that I saw at Home Depot.
What are the worries about the fumes, are they hazardous? I have some health issues that I am worried about and that is why I am a little paranoid.
Will the standard respirator for use with organic fumes work?