Welding woes

Hey, if you're happy with them, isn't that all that matters?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You did one inch plate with 6010 in a "stack of dimes" manner? How the heck big was the rod you used? Your porosity and slag inclusion rate must have been astronomical on such a multipass uneven deposition weld. But, hey, it passed tensile test. Must have been one ugleeee weld. Or did you cover up all the slag and porosity with some 7018?

X ray it now and get back to me.

Ever wonder why they give you 6010 for your first six weeks at welding school?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I have never had a problem with slag or porosity with 6010. If you do, you don't know how to weld with 6010.

Reply to
footy

If you can fill up a 1" vee with 6010 done with "stack of dimes" whipping, my hat is off to you.

Please let me know how that x ray comes out.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB