What does this mean?

As of late, I have encountered a new hug. It is done by two men. They shake hands, and one or both pulls the other person forward and taps their right shoulders together, with a pat on the back with the left hand.

Is this symbolic of anything or any group? I have never seen it before about three months ago.

One of those transitory, but non secret society handshakes that have come and gone?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

They're all from France. Or almost any place other than northern Europe or the US. We're the most touch-shy people in the world. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Closet queens who fancy you?

Reply to
Why are people so cruel

It's the "Man Hug", it's been around forever. )I substitute the pat on the back for a squeeze of a but-cheek...I get some interesting reactions!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Lots of quickies in the backs of their pickups, huh? You go, girl!

-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gun hand to gun hand, knife hand to the back...

Reply to
Richard

But is it symbolic of anything? Or any group?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Ed, you ever travel to Japan? :-)

bill

Reply to
Bill Martin

Ah, not for a couple of decades. Yes, I forgot about them. Repulsive force-fields, I think it is. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Except on the subway...

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

True! They are very pragmatic about life in general.

Reply to
Bill Martin