What Exactly is a "Dense" Magnetic Chuck?

I recently ordered a small surface grinder (may regret it, but...), and I was looking around at magnetic chucks. I noticed that "dense" magnetic chucks seem to be cheaper than others. What exactly is a "dense" magnetic chuck.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I recently ordered a small surface grinder (may regret it, but...), and I was looking around at magnetic chucks. I noticed that "dense" magnetic chucks seem to be cheaper than others. What exactly is a "dense" magnetic chuck. ========================

This claims "Ceramic dense magnets for superior holding power."

Fine poles are for thin work, standard poles hold thick parts better.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins