What is a slab miller

Wandering through E-Bay today came upon this item, 2596470007. It is a Pratt & Whitney horizontal slab mill. Is this the same animal as a Horizontal mill? I see that the arbor seems to adjust for height over the bed, instead of raising and lowering the knee. Is this a relative of a planer with an oscillating bed, or more like a regular horz mill with a table feed? Any idea of what vintage this might be? Thanks lg no neat sig line

Reply to
larry g

It is not a slab miller. Is a Lincoln miller. No. No. Design predates horizontal knee type mill design.

1905ish

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Checking this seller's other items, I find 3272597943 Winchester 3" vintage screwdriver. I have the nearly identical item except that mine has a longer blade by 1" (4" overall) and is labeled: MILLERS FALLS CO. MILLERS FALLS MASS. U.S.A. I would suspect these are of third party manufacture and labeled to the requirement of the distributor. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller