Wankel on e-bay

A Wankel engined pump has just sold on e-bay. I bid on it, but it rapidly ascended far beyond my reach. Is there something about it I don't get or are they really this sought after?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

- who, upon the 14th of October, has an engagement on a ridge in Sussex. There, sword in hand, he will do his best to turn away the Norman invader but will inevitably die with his king.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Didn't Eric Brian do an article on one of these tiddlers in SEM some years back, they were part of a rig made by someone like 'Tematic' or some such name?

'engines_r_us' took the credit for pushing the price up most, although a couple of low feedback bidders were in there as well, helping him along, both August 06 registrations and both with 6/4 and 4/6 names (letters/numbers)

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Eric has kindly got in touch, the company was "Tequipment Ltd". I had a look for them on Google but nothing related turned up.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

The SEM articles can be found at: 278/12-13, with follow up letters at 284/6

285/6 287/7

Wahoo! The searchable SEM index I've been boring myself to death over is starting work!

Reply to
mark.howard10

Actually I believe it was rbooth7180 who must have put in a 499 pound top limit and engines_r_us had to keep upping the ante until he passed the limit imposed by the previous bidder.

I guess he was probably a bit pissed that the winner just bid 10 pounds more and got it...

Interesting engine though, I would like to see and hear it run.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

I think rbooth7180 had a top limit of £141. simonthebike had a top limit somewhere above £510 and engines r us kept upping his bid to find it but gave up at £500

Reply to
Max