Photo recovery

ISTR a recommendation being made in these parts for software which could recover photos from dodgy memory sticks. I am sorely in need of such and can't now find the post - will someone lighten my darkness?

TIA

Reply to
Nick H

That'll be me ;o)) I have used

with great success several times on a Scan Disk flash memory card that occasionally seizes up.

Easy to use, cheap to buy.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

- who, upon the 14th of October, has an engagement on a ridge in Sussex. There, sword in hand, he will do his best to turn away the Norman invader but will inevitably die with his king.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

"Kim Siddorn" wrote

Thanks Kim, that enabled me to find the original thread on google and download the freebie that Martin P mentioned! Works too and, if only I could work the new webshots uploading system (keeps telling me to try again later), you could all see some pics of the Watermota 'Special K' which I took last weekend.

Reply to
Nick H

"Barry Ruck" wrote

Nick H

Can you give a link to that utility please ?

Reply to
Barry Ruck

Recovering flash memory sticks or cards of any kind in extreme damage conditions

About flash memory

1) Some cards transfer data faster than others, so once you have taken your images or photos and need to transfer them to a computer, the faster speeds (80X, 100x, etc) move the images to other devices faster, this is important as it saves time. Many people have digital image recovery needs and issues when the data transfer takes to long and something goes bump in the night during the transfer.

2) The higher the speed the faster the data is written after the image is taken, faster cards save the data faster, so you can take the next picture faster. Once again photo recovery is needed many times when something goes wrong during the transfer of the data or the writing of the data to the card as it is being taken, get a fast card to avoid data recovery issues.

3) The most important part is this, buy from a big name. The bigger the name the least shortcuts they take when it comes to electrical engineering... meaning the parts they use such as crystals, capacitors, NAND memory types to store data are of better quality and workmanship. Find a press release we put out recently about this on a Google search for "eprovided.com data recovery". Larger names are also easier to recover data from if you do have issues as they are more common to find parts for in extreme damage situations, such as when cards or USB devices loose all connectivity, parts break, damaged connections, not recognized in windows XP, etc. We see and recover from these issues all the time, but avoid data recovery or image recovery by taking the advice above.

Any advanced issues with damaged internal devices (USB or any flash memory cards) contact

Nick H wrote:

Reply to
Advanced USB Data Recovery Technology

Many thanks.