Home made photo etching

I'm still trying to make some simple homemade photo etch patterns but I'm having some trouble getting the resist pattern right. Specifically, when I'm trying to draw the resist pattern onto the metal sheet (brass) I'm getting a lot of smudge marks. I'm using a standard Sharpie. Does anyone know if a pen like a Rapidograph would work better?

TIA Yau-Hang

Reply to
Yau-Hang

The ink from technical pens will also smudge unless allowed to try completly. If the sharpie ink is smudging after drying then you will have to be careful not to drag anything across the ink after dried.

Reply to
news4.bellatlantic.net