photo etch materials

Does anyone know where I can get some photo etch lacquer (the sturff you spray onto the brass sheet inorder to make it photo sensitive). I went to several Radio shacks and they had no idea of what I was talking about.

TIA Yau-Hang

Reply to
Yau-Hang

Try a google search for Datak photo resist liquid and photoetch developer. I purchased mine by mail from

Electronix Express, 365 Blair Rd., Avenel NJ 07001, USA.

-- Luca Beato -

del plastimodellismo su

Luca Beato

If you have access to a laser printer or photocopier that can print/copy sharp high-contrast b&w images, you might consider using Press-n-Peel instead. I find it a lot easier to use than photo-sensitive chemicals.

It's a special iron-on transfer film -- you print your design on it using a laser printer or copier (inkjets won't work), and transfer it to your brass sheet with an iron. The black parts of your design stick to the metal, forming a layer of resist.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

While the Press N Peel works well, there are other options, including toner transfer using clay coated paper. Works as well, and it's cheaper.

Printed Circuit board making is basically the same process as making a photo-etched part. This link covers several common methods:

I recently experimented with the transfer pen method, and didn't find it suitable for fine PCBs or detailed PE. Besides, the smell of Xylene (even with a fume extractor) was overwhelming.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Henriquez

Reply to