Sodbury sort-out

Who else is heading to the Newbury show ground this Sat? I'll go along -
just for a look you understand. As I can't move in the workshop and my
continuity of employment is still hanging by a thread, anybody who spots me
about to buy anything should alert Helen immediately - it's for my own good
you know!
Reply to
Nick H
Deeply regret that I am key picker upper for our accommodation in Kent this Friday night, then at the site for the weekend.
Very poor organisation on my part ........
I'll be expecting full reports on what I've missed, mind ;o))
Regards,
Kim Siddorn - who, upon the 14th of October, has an engagement on a ridge in Sussex. There, sword in hand, he will do his best to turn away the Norman invader but will inevitably die with his king.
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
Gentlemen,
Dan and I are making the pilgrimage on our way down to IF, for John Manders I will wear my cap backwards so I can be recognised.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Can you wear it backwards at IF too so I can regognize you there? :)
Sadly I won't be able to bring an engine yet though....car needs MOT work and the friend I am coming with doesn't have a towbar :(
Alan
Reply to
Algernon
Unfortunately I won't be at Sodbury Martin. Heading straight to IF tonight but look forward to recognising you there. You will be able to spot me, big caravan and car behind the small old lawnmower engine.
John
Reply to
John
"Nick H" wrote
Oh dear, it's beginning to look like most of the 'usual suspects' will be missing - is there some sort of organisation such as 'Rustaholics Anonymous' one could call for support if temptation rears its ugly head?
Reply to
Nick H
All of us at 11:00 by the tea wagon.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Bad planning on my part- I won't be there either! However I am setting off considerably earlier than sparrowfart on Sunday to join in the fun at Internal Fire! Oh, and by not being at Sodbury I suppose it'll leave more pocket money for Enstone :-)
Regards
Philip- T-E
Reply to
philipte
When is Enstone?
Reply to
John
Its on November 11th.
Regards
Philip T-E
Reply to
philipte
Well? Anyone buy anything interesting? Don't be coy, the missus will never find out from any of us!
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
I bought a Letter from lister giving a price of conversion of a lister D hopper cooled to tank cooled plus sales lit for Gen sets and around 40 + Lister spanners, all sizes.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Best buy was £6 for a delightful little book of hints and tips for repairers of motor cars, motor bicycles and cycles dating from 1906 - scarfing a new stem onto a broken valve anyone? Apart from that only a few pipe fittings, a stirrup pump and a small 1920's dynamo followed me home. Plenty to look at though, most interesting of which was a Watermota K2 'special' - ten horse rather than the usual six and with just about every piece of brass and copper including the water jackets, brightly chromed. Now wouldn't that look nice nestling under a glass engine cover on of one of those Thames slipper launches!
Reply to
Nick H