What is it? Set 276

The only one I know is 1572 Post Driver/Striker.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Thanks for running the site. Your post is the first one I look for on Wed night. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

I'm not sure if the bolt is hex or square, I shot the photo a few weeks ago and didn't take a very close look at it.

I sent several questions about it to the person who sent the photo but never heard back from them.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Thanks, sounds like this is probably correct but I couldn't find another one like it on the web. Also thanks to everyone who helped solve the lab clamp and exercise boots, the rest of the answers can be seen at this address:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

All of those solder pots I saw were home-made so I don't know if there were any manufactured ones. We thought it was quite an improvement over having to use a blowtorch heated soldering iron. Much wiring was in rural areas without electricity and portable generators were not available. We sawed ceiling box holes in ancient heart pine standing on a ladder using a keyhole saw and drilled holes with a brace and long ship's auger bit. Usually the only receptacle was in the kitchen for a refrigerator; radios, fans and irons were plugged into adapters in the light socket hanging on twisted drop wire. Lights were controlled by pull chain switches in the sockets. I never installed knob-and-tube but worked on quite a bit of it.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young