What is it? Set 495

Good answer! Razor blade bank is correct. The rest have all been answered correctly except for the wooden piece with the straps, it's still a mystery for now.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

document, to see how it worked

Great job on finding that, I just added it to my answer. I searched for the patent but had no luck, seems like it should be an easy one to find buy maybe it's one of the few that Google doesn't list.

Reply to
Rob H.

Thanks, Rob. I enjoy these.

The rest have all been answered correctly except for the wooden piece with the straps, it's still a mystery for now.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ok thanks, I just changed my answer, it had been marked as being a railroad lamp globe and I didn't do any further research after finding the one I had linked to earlier.

I usually check all three newsgroups but occasionally I get really busy and only check one of them, which was the case last week, so I didn't see your posts until today.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

I have two antique railroad lanterns. Both have ruby red globes.

Reply to
G. Ross

Perhaps these are actually caboose lanterns??? (snip)

Reply to
mungedaddress

Mung

Of course. Silly me to think that just because it has the Erie-Lackawana insignia embossed on it it is a railroad lantern.

Reply to
G. Ross
[ ... ]

If I had known that you usually check all three newsgroups, I would not bother convincing my newsreader that I really want to follow up to three newsgroups -- and thus I could also leave out he "Posting from Rec.crafts.metalworking" line. :-)

But that still loses out on the feedback between the three newsgroups, which have different perspectives on the items being offered as puzzles. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Yes, I think it works out better for everyone when all the groups are included in the replies. Thanks for bringing up the subject, I should have posted a reminder a while ago.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.
[ ... ]

Part of the problem is that continued cross-posting in threads is considered poor nettequette -- though nobody is going to agree on which newsgroup to followup in.

And I'm not sure how many of today's newsreader programs (and browsers and e-mail clients playing at being newsreaders) would actually honor a "Followup-To: " header.

And I've had to special case this, because mostly in rec.crafts.metalworking, things crossposted to three or more newsgroups are trolls or spam, and I normally automatically killfile them. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols