What is it? XC

521 is a gramophone speaker/tone arm. 522 carpet seam tool? Pie piercer? Dress pattern transfer tool? 523 climbing exercise thingy. The pegs slide in the slots, and you climb in a pseudo hand-over-hand fashion. 524 screen thingy 525 wax seal for sealing envelopes 526 "slim jim" for jimmying car doors?
Reply to
sewiv
515. By the way, that "map odometer" is formally called an "opisometer".
Reply to
bsa441

524 is a tool for replacing window screens that use plastic or rubber to hold the screen in place. One end forces the screen into the channel and creates a form for the rubber strip. The second conforms to the rubber and forces the rubber into the channel thus locking the screen in place.
Reply to
Unknown

Thanks, I was wondering if "map odometer" was correct but couldn't find another term for it.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

The head of this tool probably weighs between four and five pounds.

Here is a photo of a couple of sand rammers:

The head on the larger one looks the same as the tool in my photo, and the smaller one looks very much like the second reaming iron that I previously mentioned. The handles are obviously different, but the business ends look exactly like the number 518.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.