What is this forklift hydraulic part called

This is some sort of an inline filter, or check valve, or what? Looks like a thick pipe nipple on a hydraulic line. It is on a Caterpillar forklift.

formatting link

What does it do?


Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Ignoramus10462 fired this volley in news:0NGdndZjOuUY-hjMnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

It looks like a screen. It's not fair to call such a "filter", because it's only to keep rats-n-bats out of the filter, proper.

It doesn't look robust enough to be a load check, or for that matter any of the high-pressure side stuff... but the scale could be confusing my estimation of that.


Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

It looks like a filter.

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake." Malcolm Wallop former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.