What should I do? Ford Ranger avaible to me

BUY A FUCKIN' TRUCK ALREADY!!!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Gary..the Mazda B3000 that I drive, came off the same assembly line as the Ranger Im looking at, in New Jersey. The only difference is the name on the owners manual, and the bling on the grill

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

Brakes are metal to metal. Which means I stick another set of pads on the front and a set in the drums at the rear.

$45 at the Autozone

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

Oh....I did buy the E350 Van for $1k. I talked him down $500

I just need to buy a starter, radiator, 5 good used tires and a couple batteries and some misc stuff.

I pulled some strings and have the following waiting on me.

Starter, $54 Rebuilt radiator $74 (with 1 yr warranty)

5 matching Goodyear 235/16, mounted and balanced $125 2 Interstate batteries $140 for the pair Radiator hoses top and bottom , antifreeze, oil change, tranny filter and fluid change
Reply to
Gunner

Looking at the pictures..I see 3 different wheels. Im not sure what the hell that was all about. Stock wheels are easy to come by here in So. Cal. with All the morons wanting to put $2000 worth of "billet" wheels on their pickup trucks.

This IS the kind of truck I really want and need..though Id rather have a 5 speed.

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

Ill indeed do that. Fortunately one of my foster kids, now all grown up, runs an automotive A/C shop.

Research shows some problems in 4wd models. Mechanic friend of mine claims he can program the computer to shift better when pulling a trailer.

Thanks for your input. Its of value to me.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

Of course! And signed.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

Indeed.

Just looking to maximize my dollars spending power. Hardly agonizing, but definately keeping my eyes open and my scrounging skills in cruise.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in news:%DUli.317152$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

interesting............I put 550,000+ miles on mine. I retired it 4 years ago, but it still runs. The body has about rusted off of it. Was drove hard it's whole life.

Reply to
Anthony

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The conversion to a 5 speed would take you about a day, if you had the parts from a donor truck.

Reply to
Anthony

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:05:02 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

You'd have to take a much closer look at it to determine viability. It could have a bent frame, bent axles, blown engine, etc.

The operative word is "should".

A good deal IF it's a decent vehicle. Why are all of the fenders/hood damaged from different accidents?

You obviously like Rangers. Go for it.

BTW, I test drove one of the Isuzu trucks at Future Ford in Sacto yesteray. They're nice little trucks, but they're definitely heavy duty trucks, not daily drivers. For the price, they'll beat everything out there. Hmm, I wonder if I took 3/4 of the leafs out, replaced the front springs, carried no more than 2 tons (vs. their 22k GVWR rating) if they'd become nicer to drive... The 2004 I looked at had a 10' utility bed and only 92k miles for $15.6k.

- Metaphors Be With You -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Feh...Ahem...it's not the brand or country of origin, it's the maintence performed.

Owner of a '99 Durango with 245,000 on it.

Reply to
K. A. Cannon

Cool! What's with this "non-op" and paying for current or past years? Sounds like a California thing...BOHICA.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Gunner: Since you asked for advice...here 's mine. Walk away. It doesn't sound like you have the resources to take the the financial risk that you might expose yourself to in order to make this deal work. In other words, you would not be able to afford any downside or potential problems with clearing the title, potential repairs etc. You might tie up a lot of money for an extended period. Everything would have to go smooth as glass, and deals like this seldom do. Walk away. Maybe run away. -Mike

Reply to
mlcorson

Bohica indeed. California makes you pay any past registration that is unpaid, up to 7 yrs (when they drop off the computer list) unless you pay a yearly "non operation" fee.

If its parked in your garage, and hasnt been registered in a number of years..you had best pay the yearly "non-op" fee...or face some serious penalties when you get around to reregistering it.

Revenue generation, pure and simple

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

because the previous owners were po white trash, and druggies. Shrug

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

If it's any consolation, here in the Democratic British Republik, If you don't pay the annual car tax and don't apply for "Statutory off Road Notification", then you will automatically get fined and charged for the back tax at any time from about two weeks from the tax running out. Again, It's revenue generation.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 06:55:45 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

Oh, it belonged to the boyfriend of that _sweet_looking_ li'l neighbor of yours who lives across the street? Or some other druggie? Do check the mud, I mean "oil", before buying it. Druggies usually don't maintain a vehicle worth a hoot.

- Metaphors Be With You -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Maybe we are more fortunate, the state Govt owns the plates and if you do not intend to pay the annual licence fee, you hand in the plates within 30 days after expiry, no more to pay. If, later you want to re-register the vehicle, 1) get a temporary licence to drive it to the inspection centre. You cannot avoid this ripoff by carrying it on a trailer as the inspector drives it on a public road, no temp licence, no inspection. 2) pay inspection fee, was about $80 about 7 years ago when I got my son's project car licenced, any faults found to be fixed, with one free inspection for the faults. If still faulty on original faults you pay another fee. 3) Pay licence fee, registration fee stamp duty and compulsory 3rd party insurance, about $450 for a year. Alan, in Gosnells, Western Oz. VK6 YAB VKS 737 - W 6174

Reply to
alan200

As I indicated..Ill be checking this thing out with a microscope before handing her any money. If its a piece of shit..shrug..Ill keep on looking.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch