Wheel spoke angles

Things

Spreadsheets are for accountants. Real men write programs.

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things

Marv

Yeah, in uncommented Assembly code with one hand tied behind their back.

Spreadsheets are very useful in engineering for recording and crunching data. Several places where I've worked use them for test plans. They look like color-coded WORD text documents rather than charts and the calc functions process and display test results. The electronic instruments send data to them in .CSV format which people can read.

My lathe was missing its threading chart so I made it up with a spreadsheet. If I add X/127 to the formula it will show all the Metric threads possible with change gear X.

jw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I love it Marv. :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Yes Marv it is the flywheel program from your page. Before I go further I want to thank you for putting all those neat programs there to help us. When reading your comments I thought to myself "Rubbish, I do understand the OS" however I am happy to admit that you were right and the fix worked, a fix I didn't know existed. Weird though because I still run some other MS DOS programs and ever DOS graphics games okay. BTW I downloaded the programs quite some time ago (Years) when I was running WIN98 and they worked okay under that OS, I had not tried them since though. As you point out though MS want the OS to think for us. I wanted to use the program to make the spokes for a spider that drives a rubber donut on an engine/ gearbox connection. Now I just have to work out how to hold the damned thing while I machine it! Again I thank you very much for your programs and for your help, I also thank the others who offered advice.

David

Reply to
Mastic

Thanks Alan.