Why you NEED give McMaster business

Sign up for daily specials, wait until they offer the 80% off special and jump on it. 2000 business cards you designed for

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques on Sun, 15 Feb 2015

05:55:30 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Two thousand is more than I need - I'm thinking of the "Job Hunting" Business card - Contact data on the front, short precise of your skills on the back (IOW, your Resume in 25 words or less.),

pyotr filipivich

Gunner Asch on Sun, 15 Feb 2015 02:30:25 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Honest Don's the Used John Dealer.

Don had a Military pension, a civil service pension, and two union pensions. He was making more retired than when he'd been working FT.

tschus pyotr

pyotr filipivich

A lady just retired from Josephine County, OR (which includes our Grants Pass).

From a recent article in our paper:

--snip-- "Total Payroll cost is 14.9 million for 300 employees. This does not include benefits, of which the state average per Employee is $57,000.00. The average salary of a state worker is $57,014. The average salary in Josephine County is $49,667.00: 21% of that equals $9,758.07, which goes into the PERS Pension plan. Josephine County puts in 15%, the employee puts in 6%. The majority of PERS are Tier One: guarantee of 8% return, 2% COLA, and exemption from State Income Taxes when retired.

The contribution for 30 years at 8% equals: 1,105, 422.11. The money is then doubled.

Equaling $2,210,844.22. This times 8% = $176,867.54 yearly benefit. Then you add a 2% increase each year and pay no state incomes taxes. Find that in the private sector!

Wonder why the county is out of money?

Recently Rosemary Padgett, County Financial Officer (CFO) retired. She will receive a pension 38% more than her final salary of $147,000 a year. That would be a yearly retirement pension of $202,860.00 plus a

2% COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) each year until death, which means that her 5th year pension will be $233,973.83. Why be in free enterprise?

Also, on top of PERS, Rosemary will receive her Social Security, and be exempt from state income tax like all other retired governmet employees!

According to Fidelity Investments the capital requirement for a single female at age 60.

For a $150,000 a year pension without a COLA costs: $2,833,000.00!"

--snip--

I'm fit to be tied that this is continuing to go on. How can our government be allowing this? And they wonder why the Tea Party is growing by leaps and bounds.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yeah, you can probably do that for under $20, too. 500 maybe?

That might work with Mom 'n Pop shops, but any business with a Personnnel department wants their own form filled out, period.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques on Mon, 16 Feb 2015

08:26:43 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Why should those who are elected not allow this? After all, it isn't their money they're shoveling out the door.

pyotr filipivich

Larry Jaques on Mon, 16 Feb 2015

08:29:08 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

This isn't a substitute for the resume, but something to hand out when you are "drumming up business" (which in my case is "getting employed".)

What I despise are the automated resume processing programs, which transform your resume text into gibberish.

pyotr filipivich

A completely wrong cartoon drawing for that type of part.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I've posted tons of links and part numbers. Here it is again, the 200va step down transfomer with outlet and unterminated input power cord.

There's a few configurations such a product could be in, but they offer absolutely no information on which it is. That's useless for making new products, or replacing an existing one. In other words, the description is completely worthless. At least use an accurate photo if the OEM has to be a big secret, or list the manufacturer part number or datasheet.

photo is on the left. the cartoon is completely wrong for such an item. I Can buy generic photos for stuff like step ladders- there's no need to have a photo of a 2 foot, 3 foot and 4 foot step ladder, but for parts like this, at least try.

Every time I throw a dart at this website I hit a bullshit description bullseye.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

McMasterCarr does indeed sell to individuals! I have done a lot of business with them over the years and was never turned away. Now Grainger, they won't give me the time of day because I do not have a business number. MSC and Enco also sell to me with no problem. phil k.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Yeah. Is it Cull yet?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's nearly impossible to do, as most resumes are made up of total gibberish, lies, and buzzwords to start with. :/

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques on Mon, 16 Feb 2015

19:28:02 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

There's a difference between hype, bombast, buzzword compliance, and jabberwocky, and gibberish. The former at least conform to the structure of an English sentence.I mean "You do but seize my motor fixtures into a likeness not unlike the moon." is readable, but what some of the systems do to my resume - nothing comes even close to being the English language.

pyotr filipivich

I didn't realize that you spoke Standard Chinglish.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques on Tue, 17 Feb 2015

07:39:35 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Many kits to which assembly some required is, I have made.

tschus pyotr

Speak Pascal and COBOL I did, once.

pyotr filipivich

Thanks for this. I see yet error in their generic description that I missed before, and it's not nitpicking over the fact you're probably not running an airconditioner off a 200VA transformer.

what does it look like? Does it look like a Topaz isolation transformer? Is it in a case? Where are the connections? It's not going to be what's in that cartoon sketch. Back to the hillarious description- Is the thing a plain step down transformer as I assumed, or is it really an autotransformer? I just learned that step down transformers are autotransformers. Awesome.

Here's another gem:

2000VA, with a 115 volt output (115? what is this, 1970?) with a nice NEMA 5-15 outlet. Incorrect description, or shitty product? I'm voting for #1, but hell this place may be liquidator of chinese garbage for all I can tell.

I truly doubt the website/catalog team there can even use a scale, let alone put a weight on a website.

Done with this thread. I've made my point and backed it up several times. In the end mcmaster carr has what may be the shittiest product descriptions of any place I've ever seen. It's amazing.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Not unlike Yoda, you are.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

200 VA - that is. And the taps are likely just wires and the cable with no end is for EUR or US or etc... The inside end gets wire nutted to the tap wire and common wire and case. So one can choose...

The 115 is a safe voltage for all lights and equipment. I'd love to run my light bulbs on 115 - they would last and last. Electronics take lower voltages easier than higher ones. And 125 isn't everywhere yet - still 120 most places. It is less than 10% - less than 5% off voltage.

If you move to Europe or most everywhere out of the US, this would be handy. Your Blue Ray machine into the 115 and the 2xx into the local power.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Thank goodness for that! You made a point, but not the one you intended...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

And actually, Lloyd agreed with you several posts up. How else could he tell you. I mean he said it was not a publicly traded NYSE company. Its some family dominated business (where things are more dated, less up-to-standard, etc...)

So right there, its YOU whose going to have to compromise if you do business with them (regarding what ever less-than-top corporate problems they have).

Reply to
mogulah