Windmills

I want an Aeromotor windmill for my back yard. Anyone familiar with these? I know I can get a new one for more than I want to pay, and I'm in an area where I can get a real one used if I am lucky. Anyone have any experience in building these, if only a nonworking model?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Xmilker

Short towers are usually cheaper around $300 to 800 per tower, 23 ft or less. A 6 ft head from 400 to 1500 depending on the condition. I am in central texas and they can still be bought from landowners if they really want to part with them. Amazingly enough a windmill on a piece of property will make it sell faster to a city dweller. Even if it does not work.

Scott

Reply to
jano

These people have some pretty interesting stuff on their site.

It has been a while since I really dug around there, but there were several good construction articles.

Good Luck, BobH

Reply to
BobH

A fellow in my town has about a dozen windmills in a collection. They have all been restored to as new. I shall take pictures next time I am that way, and share on Flickr. They are impressive.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You might check Lindsay's books. He used to advertise a book on old-fashioned windmills.

A fellow in my town has about a dozen windmills in a collection. They have all been restored to as new. I shall take pictures next time I am that way, and share on Flickr. They are impressive.

Steve

Reply to
Robert Swinney