Wire brush in the WRONG hands!

Damn. I was down there yesterday, and saw the old gal on TV. She's a hoot, ain't she? She's mighty lucky her hubby didn't kill her. She's a work of art, all right.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Well, the short-term solution comes in two parts:

First, coat the pan with peanut oil, heat until it smokes, allow to cool, wipe old oil off. (I find peanut oil to be best because it cures like paint.) Repeat a few times. Blackening sausages in lard also works.

Second, shellac the nephew.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Hmm ... reminds me of an estate sale (I wish that I had known the man before he died) which included things like gold plated chem lab clamps. (He apparently loved plating anything which did not move fast enough. :-) His collection of tools was interesting, too.

Just out of curiosity -- has anyone checked how food-safe TiN is -- especially with acidic teas? :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

*He* knows that. He just did not know that the nephew was going to attack the frying pan until it had been done.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

snip

before using peanut oil, check that no one near by, and no one in the family has a peanut alergy - the vapor from the oil can cause sever symptoms (like heart arrest) in sensitive folks - even a person with "mild" peanut alergy would probably be unable to breathe. If you can use any other oil, you are at a lot less risk - personally, I'd use butter, lard, or olive oil.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Bill Noble

Tell her dont scrub the pan, else you will call El Migra.

Reply to
Gunner

I was thinking the same thing, doesn't sound like a good idea. We had a room mate long ago that left in a huff over nothing and took the liberty to take my scuba mask for fixing pools, but left his fancy gold plated tea/coffee strainer that fit perfect in the coffee maker. The thing lasted a very long time, hey we didn't have to buy paper strainers for years.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

What a great idea for a new terror weapon! A peanut oil vapor bomb!

Reply to
Buerste

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:43:00 -0800, the infamous Bruce L. Bergman scrawled the following:

You could write up your treatise in English and translate it poorly through free services like Babelfish.com, but I can sum it up for you in 4 words to say to her: NO CHINGANDO CON ESTO!

(Don't be f*cking with this!)

Have her son/daughter come to your house so they can tranlate your wishes into her language, Bruce. I'm sure that the pots and pans thing isn't the only item you'd have her modify.

Another 4-word fix: Hire a LEGAL housekeeper.

-- Latin: It's not just for geniuses any more.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:37:58 -0500, the infamous "Buerste" scrawled the following:

Season your pan with olive oil, then cook up some eggs tomorrow morning. Tell me how you like the flavor of olive oil with eggs, Tawm. I didn't.

I stuck with soy or canola. (My new kitchen is electric so I can't use cast any longer, damnit.)

-- Latin: It's not just for geniuses any more.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 23:15:09 -0500, the infamous Joseph Gwinn scrawled the following:

Yeah, peanut's good, but only if you use the pan often. It'll go rancid if the pan sits for any length of time.

Y'know, I'm still trying to figure out how the pan got out in the garage/shop in the first place. Sumpin's fishy here.

-- Latin: It's not just for geniuses any more.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Won't work, she's been "One of us!" for a good fifteen, twenty years.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

It should go something like this. No olympia por vavor while your holding or pointing at it.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

On Nov 20, 2:45=A0pm, Sunworshipper wrote: ...>

I never studied Spanish, but the little I've absorbed suggests "No limpiar por favor"

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Come on. I , You, We, Them...

?Gonna correct me on broken spanish.

BTW, they have different dialects.

Raise the pan over her head and mummer the above phrase and see if it works. She'll get it.

I've taught mexicans with nail drawings on ruff concrete.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Be thankful you have someone that is willing to work. Stop by Home Depot with your housekeeper and pay someone to translate your instructons.

Wes

Wes

Even with the paper free filter O still use a piece of paper towel to absorb the oils. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

In 1977 while on mess duty at MCAS Iwakuni, Japan, I wanted to communicate to the JN's (Japanese Nationals) that I wanted their mops in only a certain rack. Some mops were used to clean the ovens so this mattered.

So I bought a bilingual dictionary and did a word for word translation and wrote it on cardboard. Oh yeah, I did it in that funny looking kanji, hiragana and katakana. Don't ask me which was which.

Now you and I know that word for word isn't likely going to work. I speak poço Spanish. I know how this works.

Now these JN's were smart enough to get the jist of what I was trying to say. One lady tried to tell me I made a proposition to her (grinning) but they all did what I wanted them to do while I was there and responsible for the area. I think at first they were amused by my effort and then they felt like I showed respect which was my intent.

Give it an effort, it is worth it, shows that you want what you are asking and are willing to put in effort to get the desire across.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:01:22 -0500, the infamous "Buerste" scrawled the following:

Yeah, right up there with sheepskin covers for airline seats to preclude Tangoes from boarding. In a war zone, just vaporize some lard (rendered pig fat) so that the extemist Muslims would inhale some. Taking any portion of a pig into your body is against their religion so it would clear them out in a hurry.

Splendid, splendid. We just single-handedly won the war on terror, guys!

-- Latin: It's not just for geniuses any more.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Suicide bombing 'pig fat threat'"

A leading Israeli rabbi has proposed hanging bags of pig fat in buses to deter Muslim suicide bombers who may want to avoid contact with an "unclean" animal. The idea was suggested to police by Rabbi Eliezer Fisher.

The newspaper Maariv said rabbinical authorities had sanctioned the plan to use the product - considered impure by Jews and Muslims - if it might save lives.

Police had no immediate comment on the proposal, according to Reuters news agency.

Israeli Deputy Defence Minister Yaacov Edri said he supported the proposal.

"If bags of pig lard will prevent zealous Muslim terrorists from carrying out attacks, I'm all for it," Maariv quoted him as saying.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress