mill vises

I want to pick up a mill vise for little bro who inherited my old mill/drill. Over 10 yrs ago I got the Enco vise, but it was so crooked
I returned it and got a Kurt. I don't know if the Enco's are any better now. It seems there are lot of manufacturers that I haven't heard of before charging Kurt prices. So does anyone know of someone who makes something up to $200 that is half way decent?
I just say no to ebay, so that isn't an option.
Thanks, Wayne D.
Wayne wrote:

I bought a 6" Enco about a year ago. It's as straight and flat as I can measure, +/- .0005
Jim Stewart has brought this to us :

Do you recall the part#?
I bought my used Kurt 6 inch vise for $200 - why not try and get him the real thing (used)

I just did some web searches on used ones. The prices on the ones I saw were high enough that I'd fork over a few more bucks and go new, especially since I wouldn't be able to inspect them. It was worth a look though.
Bill Noble formulated on Tuesday :

I have a used Bridgeport brand vise for sale. No round base. Just the vise with handle. I will have to check if it has jaws, price depends on that but I never ask for too much.

I'd prefer the lockdown type. I should be seeing my older brother tomorrow (the real machinist in the family) and see if he's used one of the bridgeport types.
Ignoramus11212 formulated on Tuesday :

Wayne wrote:

I got a Palmgren lowboy once, the fixed jaw was out about .002" in 4", shimmed it with a cigarette paper and it was good to go.
Grant