wires are metal ...

wrote:

I've brazed them several times without a warlage issue. How's the lockup problem coming? Just got back from 3 week holiday.
On 10/19/2019 11:52 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:

to do to the truck , plan on all in one shot . Tomorrow will be (I hope) the last day I'll "need" the truck for a little while , may start on it later this week . I am sourcing the few other parts I'll need (speedo drive mainly) so when I start I'll keep at it until I'm finished .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Sounds like a plan --

The other quick test that might save you some trouble is to see if any of the transmission pins look like a solenoid winding to a digital multimeter that reads low Ohms properly. Sometimes faults go away when you disassemble a device and you don't know how, or if, you fixed it.
For comparison I measured a GE 120V 60W incandescent light bulb as 16~17 Ohms (cold).

Doublecheck that your shadetree didn't swap wires in the connector, JIC. Have fun!
--
There is s no such thing as a hyphenated American who is

are a people, and not a polyglot boarding house.

Yeah, I saw that later that day, as I caught up.