wires are metal ...

Nice, and no warpage from welding.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I labelled wiring harnesses with white printed heatshrink when [big auto company] was paying for the supplies. At home I've had better luck with white nail polish and a fine point Sharpie than any stick-on labels on connectors that don't have smooth flat surfaces and get hot.

The factory manuals for my vehicles have good drawings showing connector locations, and others that gave the individual connectors' wire color coding. I only had to match the connectors to the drawings and label them, which I did as I cleaned them to mark my progress. The pins are retained by red tabs that can be removed with needle nose pliers to extract individual pins.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

  I'm pretty much just ignoring it for right now . I have other stuff to do to the truck , plan on all in one shot . Tomorrow will be (I hope) the last day I'll "need" the truck for a little while , may start on it later this week . I am sourcing the few other parts I'll need (speedo drive mainly) so when I start I'll keep at it until I'm finished .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Sounds like a plan --

Reply to