WTT - 1-7/8 x8 backplate for 1-1/2x8 backplate

Hello all.

I'm interested in trading one lathe chuck back plate for another.

I have a backplate that comes off a No 4006 Cushman 4 jaw independant lathe chuck which is threaded for a 1-7/8 x 8 lathe spindle.

I'd like to swap it for a back plate to fit the same chuck but threaded for the 1-1/2 x 8 spindle on my 9 inch Southbend lathe.

The back plate recess in the chuck body measures 3.5 inches in diameter and employs a square four bolt pattern measuring 2 inches on one side of the square, hole center to hole center.

The backplate I have is in good condition and I have digital images I can send along.

Anybody here have a mutual interest in making this trade?

Thanks,

Dennis van Dam

Reply to
Dennis van Dam

Hey Dennis,

I think that an esteemed member of this NG was looking fior one of those less than a month ago. Marty Escarcega. I'll try to rattle his chain and see if that is correct.

Always a good idea to indicate what part of the world you need this at. Shipping back-plates very far in a swap can easliy cost more than a plate locally.

Takwe care.

Brian Laws>Hello all.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Thanks Brian, what I'm looking for is an 8" faceplate with 1-3/4x8TPI threads. Marty

Brian Lawson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

Good point. I'm in Chattanooga Tennessee (but originally from Toronto up by you).....(Then again if Bothwell is in the northern reaches of Ontario I might be closer to Toronto than you are)......(but not by much). (-8

Shipping is not going to be a problem as both "back plates" are more the size and shape of hockey pucks and don't weigh much more.

Thanks for the input,

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis van Dam

CORRECTION - That's a No 4006 *SKINNER* not Cushman lathe chuck.

Sorry for the error.

(Really doesn't matter that much the specs on the backplate are still the same.)

Carry on.

Dennis van Dam

Reply to
Dennis van Dam