Your last DIY project

I want to know who thought this project "can be a reearding experience."
http://www.northwoodscasket.com/build-your-own-coffin/

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress wrote:

Well, I designed and made my own cremation urn using black marble tiles and oak.
As for that casket, Many of the people I see around here would need to alter them a bit.....
--
Steve W.

Queequeg.
On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 17:00:57 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

I find it very comforting to bury pets when they die. I know that it's done right, by someone who loves them.
I don't know if I would term it "rewarding", but it would be comforting for me to surround my loved ones with my own handiwork before putting them to rest for the final time.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

yeah, and make one for your wife too, to show her your love

How about a double wide?
Best Regads Tom.
On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 23:14:11 -0700, Howard Beel wrote:

Only if we both go at once.
I want to be wrapped up in an old cotton sheet and thrown in a hole in the ground, with a fruit tree planted over. People look at me strangely when I mention this.
--
Tim Wescott
On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 1:02:10 PM UTC-4, Tim Wescott wrote:

"For all I've created returns unto me. From dust were ye made and dust ye shall be." The Sparrow, Simon and Garfunkel.
Just seemed appropriate. :)
On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 11:15:18 -0700 (PDT), Garrett Fulton

Totally resisting saying something like "Oh, wanting to be a fruit in your next life, huh?" Tim.
Yeah, roast me and toss me ashes to feed the ocean fishes. I have the "spare parts" option on my drivers license so they can harvest any usable parts to save another HUmon, if possible.

Ayup, who cares about worms in your old cadaver? That's how they turn you back into minerals to feed the plants.
--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson

Yeah. Great idea. Just make sure the coffins are done very well.
You do not want people to say "here lies John Smith, expert woodworker, he made his own coffin". And then during the funeral the coffin comes unglued, breaks down and Mr. Smith falls down to the ground. Truly an ignominious end to one's woodworking career, a failure in life that is so final that one cannot recover!