not really OT: Looking for mobile work station for factory floor

I seem to be spending an infinite amount of time as a controls consultant i n a busy metalworking factory. As of now, my tools & supplies are residing
in various cardboard boxes, piled in the corner. When I need to use my lapt op, I find something to set it on, and (hopefully) a place to sit.
I need to do something more formal. I'm picturing a rolling tool cabinet wi th some sort of desk top platform. Maybe with some hooks to hold extension cords and stuff, and some larger drawers to hold stuff along with smaller d rawers to hold screwdrivers, pliers, etc. a second (foldout?) work platform would also be good.
Any and all suggestions are welcome- I don't know where to begin looking.
Thanks,
JPB
I seem to be spending an infinite amount of time as a controls consultant in a busy metalworking factory. As of now, my tools & supplies are residing in various cardboard boxes, piled in the corner. When I need to use my laptop, I find something to set it on, and (hopefully) a place to sit.
I need to do something more formal. I'm picturing a rolling tool cabinet with some sort of desk top platform. Maybe with some hooks to hold extension cords and stuff, and some larger drawers to hold stuff along with smaller drawers to hold screwdrivers, pliers, etc. a second (foldout?) work platform would also be good.
Any and all suggestions are welcome- I don't know where to begin looking.
Thanks,
JPB
==================== I vaguely remember seeing GM plant maintenance personnel with rolling work stations.
http://www.worksmancycles.com/
On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 09:30:56 -0700, rangerssuck wrote:

I can't think of any products to suggest, but my mind immediately leaps to the idea that to maximize stability of the laptop you want the tools down low. 'course, that'll also maximize strain to your back...
--
Tim Wescott
is the dog bolted down also

On 9/26/2016 3:29 PM, Ignoramus11049 wrote:

I think the dog is an essential carry-on ;-)

On 9/26/2016 9:53 AM, Tim Wescott wrote:

No.
I keep set of tools in a Kennedy roll-around with folding shelf like this at a customer's plant. I picked it up used for $100 on Craigslist. https://www.zoro.com/kennedy-shelf-fold-away-ds1b/i/G2794626/?gclid=COnVlcPCrc8CFYJbhgodLBQK6g&gclsrc=aw.ds
On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 09:30:56 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck

--
Ned Simmons

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 09:30:56 -0700 (PDT)

Menards has a chest with pull out work surface. Like this:
http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/tool-storage/tool-chests-boxes/masterforce-reg-41-8-drawer-tool-chest/p-1444451677681-c-9188.htm
They will ship to home if there isn't one in your area. The bottom drawers with wheels is listed in the Optional Accessories. Quite the bundle of money but may give you some ideas to research :)
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 09:30:56 -0700, rangerssuck wrote:

Try foreman's desk. But it seems like a foreman's desk on a rolling tool cabinet would be better, especially if the drawers opened out the back instead of under the overhanging desk part.
Pete Keillor
You need to make something that suits your needs exactly.
Start with a good shop cart with great rubber casters.
Add a cabinet on top and screw it down.
Use the remaining room on the cart for the stuff you will be hauling around.

Ooh, that's a nice one.

What does that SnapOff set cost now, $37k?

For a 12 y/o girl? <giggle>

5" is the smallest I'll use in the shop, 3" in the kitchen.
--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson
I seem to be spending an infinite amount of time as a controls consultant in a busy metalworking factory. As of now, my tools & supplies are residing in various cardboard boxes, piled in the corner. When I need to use my laptop, I find something to set it on, and (hopefully) a place to sit.
I need to do something more formal. I'm picturing a rolling tool cabinet with some sort of desk top platform. Maybe with some hooks to hold extension cords and stuff, and some larger drawers to hold stuff along with smaller drawers to hold screwdrivers, pliers, etc. a second (foldout?) work platform would also be good.
Any and all suggestions are welcome- I don't know where to begin looking.
Thanks,
JPB
Global Industrial will probably have something just right for you. I have one of their mobile work stations housing the control computer for one of my CNC mills right now.