Subject Author Posted Replies

QCTP
Got a set of plans from the Logan Lathe email list , looks like I'll soon be finding out if it's worth all the work . I started to make one several years ago , and it just wasn't coming together ....
7
7

sleeve
Splice Protection Sleeves at Low Price - Heat Shrinkable Protection Sleeves 60mm, Heat Shrinkable Protection Sleeves 40mm, 8F Ribbon Fiber Splice Protection Heat Shrinkable Sleeves 40mm, 2F Ribbon...

atlas 618 metal lathe for sale are you interested?
This is a restored Atlas 6" x 18" model 618 in very good condition. It comes with: text or whatsapp +14137589837

Use for a broken bandsaw blade??
Greetings all Whilst cleaning out yet another box/container marked "Stuff" I found that I have two "bits" of 1 inch band saw blade, about a foot and a half in length. Having seen videos on how to turn...
66
66

Chip cleanup
I've always hated cleaning up the chips and occasional long spirals after/during doing a project . Today I picked up a 3 gallon "shop vac" unit at WallyWorld , around 36 bucks , for just that task ....
5
5

motor starndards outside NA
Motors all seem to follow NEMA sizes and standards in North America. What are the standards outside the US? Do chinese and italian machinery use standardized motor mounts and sizes? It seems foreign...
5
5

ARTIST NEEDS HELP PLEASE
Hi all, I am creating a ceramic sculpture as illustrated. I need to know what metal rod I can use to run through the middle of it that will support it. It will be about 7 kilos in total weight ....

cleaning inside a hub dynamo
I really wanted that idea to work, but no luck. Even with a good disk seek magnet the debris stuck in the dynamo. I ended up dry wiping the surfaces to be glued and crossed my fingers. So far it looks...
3
3

Dense Magnetic Chuck?
I recently ordered a small surface grinder (may regret it, but...), and I was looking around at magnetic chucks. I noticed that "dense" magnetic chucks seem to be cheaper than others. What exactly is...

cleaning permanent magnets
I finally got the Shimano dynamo hub apart and sure enough, a magnet was loose, apparently lifted by rust forming between magnet and iron field ring. It isn't hard to sand the rust off the magnet and...
8
8

Shipping w/ McMaster-Carr
McMaster Carr is a fairly well known industrial vendor. They have a reputation for having everything.  They don't.  They have a LOT and often I look there when I can't find things elsewhere...

Connection Problem
First of all I would like to say hello to everyone in this group. I appreciate the opportunity to ask you for help. I have a Plasma Cam purchased in 2004. Original computer just died so went to...
6
6

Why choose enameled wire
Enameled wire is a main variety of winding wire. It consists of conductor and insulating layer. After the bare wire is softened by annealing, it is painted and baked many times. However, it is not...
4
4

36 mm 8 point box wrench
I'm likely to need a wrench similar to this: the 36 mm side) in the next week or two. They aren't readily available, at least in the USA. Can anybody think of a substitute that's close enough to be...
16
16

Krikit belt tension gauge
After replacing the alternator, its belt and the A/C idler+tensioner pulley on my car I used the old parts plus a digital crane scale and turnbuckle to set up a variable belt tension fixture to check...