Subject Author Posted Replies

Honda Generators
It would have been about year 2000, give or take a year. We had a winter time power cut. A friend of mine had water in the cellar. He could not stay ahead of the water, with buckets. Carpet in the...
438
438

Headband eyeglasses?
I'm assembling a little metal thing under a microscope right now. It's very time-consuming, switching between eyeglasses for reading documentation and bare eyeballs for using the microscope. Casual...
12
12

What is it? Set 452
I need some help with the second and third items this week: Rob
15
15

What do you cann an end cap of a press ram?
I have a press with a ram. It is missing an end cap that goes on the ram. The purpose of this end cap is to prevent ram wear and mushrooming. I have two questions 1) What is it called 2) If I was to...
7
7

CFM spec for compressor - checking?
I have a dry compressor that states on a side sticker: 1.5 HP - 8CFM - max PSI 118, it certainly meets the PSI spec but 8CFM seems perhaps a high figure for the small motor? Can I check this by simply...
2
2

Anyone want a job in New Jersey?
JERSEY SUCKS. Highest taxes in America.
16
16

Moonshine Stills
Anyone ever seen one of these working up in the hills? I've seen plenty = of busted up ones in years past but none in many years. Never saw one = working -- probably a good thing too or I probably...
9
9

More curious electrochemistry
I was unhappy with the depth of my brass etching. Calculations suggested that I should be getting about 0.020" depth for the given current and time but I was getting about 0.006". I thought that the...
6
6

Car tire balancing at home possible?
Is there a way to balance wheels at home without a computer baalancer? I ha= ve seen at harbor freight kits designed for motorcycle tires, bubble balanc= ers and the like. I have heard bubble...
39
39

Threaded Tapers
Hi guys, I've seen pictures of threaded tapers being machined on lathes and was wondering what the hell use they are? I mean, since the diameter of the threaded section is constantly varying, what can...
28
28

Cheap Calipers
Several years ago I picked up a Central Machine (Harbor Fright) caliper. It was and still is good enough for most things. More recently I picked up an 8" dial caliper and a digital one at the same...
4
4

Preventing Galvanic Corrosion?
My utility trailer has a sheet metal floor, but it has rusted through in the 25 years I've had it, so I'm gonna cut it out. I got a good deal on a sheet of 1/4" diamond plate aluminum, so that will be...
6
6

Removing stuck ss screw from aluminum
Hi, everybody. Been out of touch for a few weeks due to rootkit trojan on computer and no time to mess with it, so turned off wireless and let it sit. Just re-staged yesterday. Been building a wooden...
12
12

A makeshift tap wrench?
I ordered a bullet guide for a Saiga rifle and got the drill & tap kit with it. I don't have a drill press, so I can't use one as a manual tap wrench. I plan to hand drill the hole with a cordless...
47
47

Converting a manual hydraulic press to hydraulic pump
We have a very good hydraulic press, it is for sale, but I am itching to sell all other presses and requisition this one for our use. problem is that it is a manual press and we'd like it to be...
10
10