10mm Thick Nylon Disc, 350mm Dia required

Has anyone got materials and facilities to knock up this for me please?
Needs a 30mm clearance hole in the middle as well.
11mm or 12mm thick also acceptable.
It's for me personally, not for the company :-))
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu

Don`t know if they can supply it finished but Licharz in Daventry is the best source of material. Mark
Peter A Forbes wrote:

What about a nylon chopping board from Tesco?
Does it HAVE to be Nylon or will any similar plastic suffice?
John

Any simple test to establish whether an item is Nylon? I have a bit of sheet which *might* do the job.
The onetel server doesn't seem to be connecting with the outside world, anyone else having similar problems?
What's it for? How accurate does it need to be?
Tim
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 06:02:53 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@onetel.com wrote:

Called your mobile, but no answer, it's either at the bottom of the dock or in the car :-))
10mm is the minimum, 12mm maximum thickness.
It's to go between two turntable discs and act as a spacer as much as anything else, but there is normally a sheet of 1/16" PTFE betwixt the two.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu

In the car with a flat battery. Now charged.
Rang your office & left a message.
Tim
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:12:22 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@onetel.com wrote:

OK, we were out feeding nags :-))
and we got soaked!
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu

Got hold of Tim tonight, and he has very kindly offered to do the necessary for us. Many thanks to Tim, and all the others offers of help and advice, very much appreciated!
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu

pure nylon is slighly denser than water and pure PE slightly less dense, so one floats and the other sinks.
All bets off however if either is a filled grade
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:24:00 +0100, "Norman Billingham" <norman.at.tumulus.org.uk> wrote:>pure nylon is slighly denser than water and pure PE slightly less dense, so

If the trolley sinks then we're in BIG doo-doo :-)) Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu

PTFE would be OK, it's for a turntable.
We may end up making a series of smaller pads to go between the turntable halves if we can't find something to do the job.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:58:25 +0100, Peter A Forbes

MDF?
Regards, Tony
Peter A Forbes wrote:

Try emailing: snipped-for-privacy@davis-plastics.co.uk
-- Peter Fairbrother
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:58:25 +0100, Peter A Forbes

I've got acetal bar in 2" & 3" diameter, nylon in 6" diameter, and a about a dozen or so offcuts of either Nylon/Acetal/Polyethylene, all around 2" diameter and 1.5" long, all of which cost me nothing (they came "free" with the Bantam I bought) if this would help.
I'd be happy to either turn the spacers up for you or pop any pieces in the post. No charge, you've helped me out with transport before and I'm sure I'll need another favour some day<g>.
Peter