stockist of 1" (and larger) bsp fittings

Hi Guys, (...a not-quite 'Model' engineering request),
Can I pick the collective brains please....
I'm trying to find a wholesale mail-order supplier of bsp fittings
(mainly 1", but also a few larger), it's not something I normally get involved with so I'm struggling to identify a source. (Stainless would be best but any hints are appreciated)...
Also, for the same project, I'm trying to find a supplier of a rectangular (bolt through) sight-glass where the frame isn't 'Ali' based (bronze or Stainless is what I need). I have found a supplier for 50mm round peep-glasses, but I need something which is longer to view the stratification of the fluid.
Can anyone point me in a direction. (Preferably UK .. but anywhere frankly).
Thanks folks,
Ian

All I can suggest is to point your search in the direction of the words 'Food process engineering' suppliers (rather than general engineering, plant or construction etc.), they use vast amounts of such fittings.

BSS have many branches (we used the one at Luton while we were based there) but I don't know about mail order.
BSS 1 Laporte Way Luton Bedfordshire LU4 8RJ         Telephone: 01582 875600 Fax: 01582 452050
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu
IEB wrote:

I don't know how cheap or wholesale they are, but these people do sell them (and will usually give discounts for quantity):
http://www.bes.co.uk /
-- Peter Fairbrother
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:16:22 +0100, Peter Fairbrother

Thanks Peter (both) and Jerry... it seems such a stupid thing to be stuck finding, but I just couldn't think who to try. Actually I should have remembered BSS ... duooohhh! ...I used to deal with them years back in a previous 'life'.
Aye, ... auld age disnae come itsel'......
Thanks again. Ian
Try Perfect Pipework http://www.netds.co.uk/perfectpipework / They take credit cards and have been very helpful to me in the past both for supply of parts and instalation work. Russell Rowles is a real gentleman who I'm sure will do his best to please. They should be able to supply you with fittings. I've no connection with them.
Your sight glasses are a different matter. Try food/beverage/dairy/ brewery equipment manufacturers.
John
IEB wrote:

scribed thus...:

Thank John,
For information (in case anyone else is ever after sight-glasses), .. a search focussed on food process engineering led me to Visilume (visilume.co.uk) ... they do nothing but sight-glasses and have the exact thing I was searching for.
Thanks again guys... Ian