Peter's nylon and news server

A bit of a test, I've had nothing through for 2 days on the onetel server, just checked on Garble groups & seen Peter's request.
I've forgotten my signon details so I'll reply here & see whether it turns up on Garble. I've got some 12mm nylon (well, fairly sure it's Nylon - any simple tests?) which is probably big enough, I'll check later. Give us a clue, what sort of accuracy, what's it for?
Tim

Slice off a small sample.
Set it on fire with a lighter or similar.
If it froths, burns with a blue flame with yellow tips that goes out if left alone and smells of burnt wool, then it's nylon.
For other ones, google for something like <plastic identification burns nylon acetal>
Or use this one:-
http://www.texloc.com/closet/cl_plasticsid.html
The system worked for me when trying to identify the material that the broken HLV dial was made from.
Mark Rand RTFM