Bit of a laugh

Anyone else splashed out £2 on D'Agostin.... tiger tank. Its very nice if bit out of place, but with some branches on it who can tell whose side it was on ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Nah, they'd run out in my local newsagents, got the 1:43 scale tractor instead, marginally more useful from a model railway perspective ;-) very nice little model.

Reply to
airsmoothed

perhaps, but now have an excuse to build a couple of Spitfires and messers.. those german ones. Add a few airfix soldiers. Run LMS red and wartime black to create a what if around 1943.

you can have a ...erm ... farm ?

Also when tot asks where's his diesel, can say it got blown up by Tiger tank, but you - ploughed by a tractor perhaps ?

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

The Panzerkampfwagen VI Sd.Kfz 182 was German !

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

The Panzerkampfwagen VI Sd.Kfz 182 was German !

Chris

Yep hence :- but with some branches on it who can tell whose side it

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

If it still works it's German but if it's broken down it's British :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

That would hold true in Britain/Western Europe, but not on the Eastern Front!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Thanks for that, have spent quite a bit of time trying to justify not modelling the Eastern Front - lack of RTR seemed a poor excuse.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

If you pick the right date nothing would be running on the eastern front - but you'd need a good supply of bangs, flashes and smoke!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Who told you about my wiring ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

LOL!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

.... but in fact one was shipped to the UK in 1943 :-

it will be allowed an occasional cameo role along with spifire and hurricanes perhaps.

Cant do much with this weeks 1984 model of a Challenger though.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

And I was under the impression that the one at Bovey was captured at Nijmegen by C sqn 4th/7th RDG

Reply to
Trev

What, the famous Airfix model with the missing outer wheels, track guards and radio box?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Cant be the same, the magazine says its authentic.

Cheers, simon

Reply to
simon

Not to worry, I have a red Fokker Triplane on my layout!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Sounds like you could capture that one anytime, anywhere!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Hurray, I get to ask - presume its german as the fokker's a red triplane, but what type is it ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Of course it's German - what type? I'd have to look it up. AFAIK there was only the one type - they were only in front line service for a few months until the Brits realized that while they were highly manuverable, their top speed was way below the best Brit. machines.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Oh dear, there is a very, very old joke about fokkers .....

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon