2014 Aluminium

I'm after a short (5") length of round Aluminium 2014 T6 in 3 1/4"
diameter. 7075 would also do but I don't really want to move to a less
highly specified grade.
Anybody have any sensible economic sources?
Thanks
Charles
Reply to
Charles P
Not economic but Richard Austin,Aalco and Arenastock will all supply pieces. One I`ve never used but know people that do is Adams Aluminium.
mark
I'll check whats on the rack and email you.
John S.
Reply to
John S
You making rockets now?
I have no idea how economic these chaps would be, but I hear that they both stock 2014 and welcome small orders - mebbe worth a call?
Ravenace Metals Ltd 0121-555-6662
-- Peter Fairbrother
Reply to
Peter Fairbrother
A friend uses HE15 in that sort of size from time to time. I could ask if he has any offcuts left over or a bar such a length could be sawn from.
Reply to
Dave Baker
oops, didn't read 2014, won't have that.
John S.
Reply to
John S
I get nearly all my material from the local scrappy. A nice piece of 2014 T6 (End stamped) is on the shelf but it is 70mm O.D. by 460mm long.
A scrappy is worth a try particularly as you get around the country a bit.
Richard
Reply to
Richard Edwards
Also try here.
Dave Baker
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not looking for a "steal", just avoid hefty surcharges for a small piece.
It's true that I do get around a bit (Leeds, manchester, Edinburgh over the next couple of weeks) but turning up at a scrap yard in a suit and tie does tend to push the price into the retail category.
I'll work through them
Charles
Reply to
Charles
Tell them you work for the Environment Agency :)
Reply to
Pete
While you are at it have a Geiger counter with you and take the "samples" you need back to the lab for further analysis.
Reply to
Cliff Ray
Leeds, manchester, Edinburgh
Try LA Metals in Smethwick, no small order charge foer cash. Peter
Reply to
Drawfiler
My bad. It's HE30 he uses which is 6082 in colonial. If that's any use let me know.
Reply to
Dave Baker
Dave
Thanks for looking but it's the significantly stronger alloy that I'm after. The previous part (in LM25TF which although cast has similar strength and hardness to 6082) has shown signs of failure so a little re- engineering and a better material is called for - sort of belt and braces.
Of the others Metalfast have some in stock but in Swindon, I'm waiting for a response from Ravenace. I've also been pointed towards
Thanks
Charles
Reply to
Charles
You couldalso try
I have bought from them in the past and they will certainly cut to length, but I don't know about posting. Can't hurt to ask.
Richard
Reply to
Richard Shute