a colchester wiring question

sorry, i'm back with another question! ive just bought an original reversing switch for my student, now in the manual the terminals are
identified by letters, but the switch has letters on the terminals! on inspection i see my lathe has been rewired at some time so the original wire tails have gone. i'm confident in my abillity to connect said switch safely once i understand where im at :eek: so some pointers would be a great help(my machines are run from a clark 5hp static 3 phase converter)
ps, my previous question was about a student toolpost, ive come to the conclusion that the topslide is from another student, and the toolpost is from another similar center height machine!
--
willowkevin
ok panic over, im feeling quite proud of my afternoons work! spent an hour with my multimeter and i now understand where im at! had a couple of wires to move but we should be running again tomorrow!!!