Anti seize compound ?

Going to be assembling a new gravity smoker. (Think auto feed charcoal BBQ) Been suggested to use anti-seize compound on the various screws & bolts. They are typically M4 Steel black painted machine screws.

Any suggestions for an anti-seize paste /thread dip.

Reply to
Sargan

I would run a tap through the nuts so they're nice & sloppy. Copper slip because it's the only paste I have. The old-timers used to put soft-soap on high-carbon tools during hardening to reduce scaling - don't know long it lasts.

Reply to
Bill Howcroft