Anyone dealt with the Engineers Toolroom

Hi

just wondering if anyone on here has bought machinery from the Engineers Toolroom? The reason I ask is that I`m looking to buy a VMC/626 type turret mill and the Engineers Toolroom seem to have a really good price compared to Warco & Chesters. Engineers Toolroom are doing the VTM for £1529 Inc. Delivery & VAT also they are including Power feed, Machine vice, face cutter, Drill chuck with arbour and the light etc. Also they supply & fit a two Axis DRO for £450 - all in all it sounds a good deal. I am hoping to haggle a bit at Harrogate and maybe save a bit more! Any comments?

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
paul.morrey

You could buy my barely 8-month old Warco VMC complete with light, vice, drill chuck with arbour and a with a bunch of end mills & slot drills (albeit used), wide swarf tray and a brand new spare motor for about £529 less than that:) I could probably palletlise it and arrange delivery in that price as well. Its still under warranty by Warco until September/October.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

I would be interested also, I phoned about 2 months ago and whoever

spoke to was so diinterested it put me right off. I wanted an R spindle VTM metric or imperial, all I got as a reply was, nothing in R until May or June, if you want one you have to pay in full and wait. Contrast that to Warco, whose brochure arrived the day after requestin it and who phoned me back twice with replies to my questions, if company can't be bothered to answer sales enquies what sort of afte sales support is it going to give

-- gyro bo

----------------------------------------------------------------------- gyro boy's Profile:

this thread:

gyro boy

Hi Pete

Have sent email off group

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
paul.morrey

I have bought from them and found them OK. My mill is Chinese and very unfirined in details and not as .well finished as Chester machines at the shows. The basic "lump" seems just the same though. Mr Toolroom did ,with help, get it down a long garden path and assemble it in the w'shop Good Luck, Jim Lugsden.

Reply to
James Lugsden

Thanks for replies folks.

I have gone for peter`s VMC - he`s offered it at a good price and complete with extra`s and delivery etc. Hopefully I will be producing swarf in a week or two.

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
paul.morrey

A sound decision, I'm sure.......and we know where he lives.........! --

Chris Edwards