are Watt inverters any good

I have a chance of a watt inverter 2.8 kw made by Hitachi for a good price (£190 inc) are they any good I am familiar with inverter drives just need to know if its crap or not

Thanks Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Over a period of a few years I have fitted many different makes and they all seem to be of a sameness, Different setups but never come across one make that gave repeatable trouble. Had a couple of Yaskawa's that were dead in the box but soon replaced by the dealer with no problems.

What is crap is the current documentation. They seem to be going the same way having a competition to write the most obtuse book possible with icons for features that aren't explained. Had a big Siemens one last year about 15Kw and the book was 40mm thick. Read it through and couldn't find any indication on how to wire for 3 wire operation [ remote stop start ] In the end had to ring technical and they didn't know, they had to ring someone else and get back to me. Their excuse was "No one wires up 3 wire anymore "

Had to change 4 different parameters to get it to latch, went back to read up on these parameters and no mention of 3 wire operation but reading each parameter in turn you could see how it worked.

Only problem was this puppy had over 400 parameters and how do you know how many to change ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

I think Ill go for it then

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

I had a mobile phone with a 300 page manual. Never did understand all of it by the time it was replaced

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

No, they try to wire them up three wire and end up having to buy bloody relays to get things to work!

DAMHIKT :-(

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Did you notice, that it was written in 12 different languages?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Not familiar with this particular model but where I work we use Hitachi inverters in our products (SJ100 and SJ200 series) and have found them to be very reliable, well over 1000 units installed so far over the last 6 years and we've had very few failures. Martin.

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Yorkshire is not a language, it's a medical condition.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

In article , John Stevenson writes

Never ask a man if he's a Yorkshireman. If he isn't, you'll only embarrass him, and if he is, he'll have told you already.

David

(Yes, I am)

Reply to
David Littlewood