Ascot Exhibition 7th - 9th September

The initial excuse was first the weight limit which no one knew what it was. Then the excuse was no vehicles between the black lines and to leave the centre part free. As this would have meant parking on the side strips I did ask the suit if he knew of a HVG that was only 3' 6" wide ? no comment.

Then we were told the centre strip had to be kept clear for fire engines in the event of a fire. Even though the centre strip was clear enough for all the empty vehicles to exit and new ones back up to unload this fell on deaf ears.

It had to be kept clear for fire engines.

Perhaps an email to the Berkshire Fire Brigade telling them there is a

5 ton limit on the Ascot ramp will be in order as most UK fire engines are plated at 17 tonnes ?

Even their brewery lorries and wine lorries with their £125 bottles of bubbly are over 5 tonnes.

So how did this £450 million pound palace manage to get by H&S ?

Incidentally did anyone notice there was no disabled parking ? Perhaps they shoot the bastards like the dobbins.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Sounds like the parking was entirely disabled

Talking of which...never understood why anyone would want to use a disabled toilet...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Your message dated 21 Aug arrived here 12 Sept. ...?

Trade stands aren't my thing: bought a bottle of Loctite & 2 centre drills. I went to see the models. I thought it generally very good. Accessible Venue (2hrs 10mins from Shropshire door to door, (on cruise control nearly all the way)). Plenty of space and light. Models well displayed, and so may of them you could not do them all justice in one day. Only two disappointments, firstly, arriving exactly at opening time on Sunday after a 2+ hour drive, I could not sit down to a decent breakfast, and secondly I wanted to see the loco made by Hugh Ford, as I was a student of his over 30 years ago, but it had been taken away by Sunday.

Reply to
Charles Lamont