BA latest update

British Airways are flying in their Chinese aircraft crash investigator to Heathrow.

Mr Wat Wen Fu King Wong arrives tomorrow..

.
Reply to
John Stevenson

My money would be on computers.....

Reply to
newshound

Had that been from someone else, I'd have thought it was a serious comment

Reply to
Michael

I wonder if he'll conclude that the autopilot was a hero seeing as that was what was flying the plane as it came in to land?

Reply to
Dave Baker

...and did the autopilot have a smile on his face?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

...only after using the "manual inflation nozzle" ;-) Brad.

Reply to
Brad.

I can't believe that Boeing would agree to the Chinese taking a look, by easter they would be producing 10 777s a week at half the cost. Mind you the first ones would have bent wings, no wheels and the paint will chip easily but hey quality will improve in time. I hear Myford suggested that they let Orville Wright have a look at what might have gone wrong. Of course if it is anything to do with computers it will be a lack of shillings in the meter again.

Joking apart, thankfully this time they were bl***y lucky.

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Forgot to add, not much of a compliment to BA pilots (or autopilots for that matter) when most of the passengers interviewed thought it was just a "normal landing" :-)) More of a "high speed arrival" than a landing when the wheels fall off.

Keith

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Nice!

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

In message , Dave Baker writes

Thanks John.............. :-)))

I was amused by the press conference given the day after the crash.. The pilot praised his crew and especially " the First Officer - who was flying the plane at the time.."

Thoughts of "So don't blame me!" came to my mind.

Regards,

Reply to
Pat Martindale

Interestingly the link for this is today broken. The internet police strike yet again. Censorship is alive and well.

Reply to
Ledz

It works for me.

Reply to
Archie

Yep...still working...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

In article , Tony Jeffree writes

Well, it worked for me when originally posted, wasn't working earlier when Ledz posted the above, and is working again now. Possibly the page had exceeded its bandwidth limit for the day when Ledz tried it.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

That'd sure sort out the constipation!

Reply to
1501

Oh, dear, you could join one of the mountain rescue teams. Beats sticking cameras up 'foo foo' valves- or sitting down to pee.

And, yes, before somebody asks. Founder member of the local team and drove a ski blood waggon in Norway!

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Is there anything you haven't done? ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Struck a match on a bar of soap perhaps ?

Allan

Reply to
Allan Waterfall

Pfftttt.....A hundred years ago, when I were t'lad, I traveled out east by 'The Flying Pig' (RAF 'Beverly' freighter). You don't know what knicker-wetting is until you've safely landed on the minute speck which is the island of Gan.....in the middle of the Indian Ocean, facing backwards and feeling the salt spray on your face through the cargo door as you appear to be lower than the wave tops on 'short finals'

Ahhhh....happy days! --

Chris Edwards