BA latest update

British Airways are flying in their Chinese aircraft crash investigator to Heathrow.
Mr Wat Wen Fu King Wong arrives tomorrow..

.

My money would be on computers.....

Had that been from someone else, I'd have thought it was a serious comment <g>

I wonder if he'll conclude that the autopilot was a hero seeing as that was what was flying the plane as it came in to land?
--
Dave Baker
Puma Race Engines

...and did the autopilot have a smile on his face? <g>
Regards, Tony

...only after using the "manual inflation nozzle" ;-) Brad.
writes

Thanks John.............. :-)))

I was amused by the press conference given the day after the crash.. The pilot praised his crew and especially " the First Officer - who was flying the plane at the time.."
Thoughts of "So don't blame me!" came to my mind.
Regards,
--
Pat Martindale

I can't believe that Boeing would agree to the Chinese taking a look, by easter they would be producing 10 777s a week at half the cost. Mind you the first ones would have bent wings, no wheels and the paint will chip easily but hey quality will improve in time. I hear Myford suggested that they let Orville Wright have a look at what might have gone wrong. Of course if it is anything to do with computers it will be a lack of shillings in the meter again.
Joking apart, thankfully this time they were bl***y lucky.
Keith
On 22 Jan, 00:20, jontom snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Forgot to add, not much of a compliment to BA pilots (or autopilots for that matter) when most of the passengers interviewed thought it was just a "normal landing" :-)) More of a "high speed arrival" than a landing when the wheels fall off.
Keith
Keith
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:25:12 -0800 (PST), jontom snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/61345/1200695510/runway.gif
Tim
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:19:10 +0000, Tim Leech

Nice!
Regards, Tony
Interestingly the link for this is today broken. The internet police strike yet again. Censorship is alive and well.

It works for me.

Yep...still working...
Regards, Tony

Well, it worked for me when originally posted, wasn't working earlier when Ledz posted the above, and is working again now. Possibly the page had exceeded its bandwidth limit for the day when Ledz tried it.
David
--
David Littlewood

That'd sure sort out the constipation!
Oh, dear, you could join one of the mountain rescue teams. Beats sticking cameras up 'foo foo' valves- or sitting down to pee.
And, yes, before somebody asks. Founder member of the local team and drove a ski blood waggon in Norway!
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 04:58:43 -0800 (PST), ravensworth2674

Is there anything you haven't done? ;-)
Regards, Tony
Tony Jeffree Wrote:

Struck a match on a bar of soap perhaps ?
Allan
--
Allan Waterfall
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 02:18:08 -0800 (PST), jontom snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

    Pfftttt.....A hundred years ago, when I were t'lad, I traveled out east by 'The Flying Pig' (RAF 'Beverly' freighter). You don't know what knicker-wetting is until you've safely landed on the minute speck which is the island of Gan.....in the middle of the Indian Ocean, facing backwards and feeling the salt spray on your face through the cargo door as you appear to be lower than the wave tops on 'short finals'
Ahhhh....happy days! --